Searching...
Sunday, August 28, 2016

Commitment

Back during the days of childhood, I was taught few words,
I took it as an art in me, and that proved to be a curse,
Now I express, show and diversify things with what they call sentence,
They applaud and appreciate, but ironically - a day becomes a year hence.

I could observe the mystery of eternity and thought that I could write on anything I want,
But the best feeling, which came to me, would never have the permission to grant,
I fell for you and for your presence, your name became the mantra to chant,
I fell in love and that’s when “Committment” seemed to you as a rotten demand.

Then I struggled to find the meaning of this word,
Everything related to it looked to me completely absurd,
I thought, and thought hard through heart and soul,
It seemed that being committed, was now my only goal.

But to whom, If I didn’t have anyone to be with,
And their presence proved to be nothing but a myth?
However, I didn't agree and had a belief; heavens, I would now faint,
Is this artist failing in understanding the meaning of the word; Commitment?

The place where I see you best, is when I close my eyes,
For, you are that one person, whose scent is in my every sigh,
I go crazy for that hand to touch me and hold me tight by its side,
Without those angelic eyes, it all seems so colorless and so white.

I devote myself to you and to your smile,
I recognize my value of being nil, but want you to realize,
I am committed to you and to your unseen love,
I could have been weak yes, but never liked the feeling of being a dove.

My courage to stand, again raised its head,
My dying spirits never wanted to be termed as dead,
I was in love I knew and this is something I did not want to hide,
I want everyone to know, I am Committed and I want the word to be my pride.

I know the meaning and I know the pain,
I know this word makes me complete when I say - Commitment,
Take me with you, as I need to walk not alone any more,
You make me myself; you are the one my heart keeps asking for more.

I stand now and desire to be felt,
My emotions are on the dream horse of reality, and defy the odds to be held,
I like it the way it is, and hate the terminology to descent,
Yes,I want to tell all that I like it, this life of being into a; Commitment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!