Searching...
Monday, June 4, 2012

Fallen Is The Word




It all became so evident slow and slow,
In my bed when I used to sleep with very little glow,
The rumors of the wind that used to try and get in,
For the lover that I was till yesterday and that unforgettable sin!

As I stared at that ceiling all night long,
Undressed your soul - Right or wrong?
The words that I whispered came down falling,
Shades of the dark, entered in - crawling!

I stood near the window cursing gods to rain,
And the tears that I could shed in it, to get ease off my pain,
But the wrinkles on my forehead became stronger than ever,
This mistress heart lied ever after, always and forever.

I touched myself everywhere, peeled off my skin,
For it reminded me of your fragrance and that air smelt too thin,
Not that I could then, same is the case now,
I do know a bit about life, but to shrug this feeling - I don't know how!

Tried to turn my face and look in the mirror to see the real me,
But my identity was not solo - it still came out as 'we',
That mirror lies in pieces somewhere, shattered and bruised,
Wondering how the love died, how come it is only you who cruised.

My poetries are confusing now,
They run out of steam every time I try to rhyme,
Every word that I write now, that is not for you,
Curses me, stops me and tells me it's a crime.

So I am going down, deep in hell to fall apart never to be seen,
If I ever said I don't love you anymore, trust me, I never wanted it to mean,
Fallen, fallen, fallen - fallen is the word that embraces me from here on,
My true being - my true being is now shown.

Fallen is the word, we are all connected with,
Forever the mortals live to die,
Drops of the tear in the ocean,
For my body to burn, soul to fry!

Copyright @ Sandeep Verma

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!