Searching...
Thursday, August 18, 2011

All I need is a Doctor !

Of all the diseases I could think of, I am best affected by a new killer that is originated by my own thoughts; and I term it as Accentfobia.

Yeah, sounds a little weird but that's what I suffer from I assume. And what better way than to pen it all down when I am actually surrounded by this amazing creature created by your GOD; humans, which master all about accents and twisting the tongue for the pleasure of ear but for me, a real pain.

As and when I travel via these Metro trains I see mass that talk indifferently, raise their pitch indifferently, have voices which would pierce down the failing music system of my bloody useless BlackBerry (reminds me of my N91, N97, 7610, and 7710 - yeah I have lost all these phones in my life) and divert my concentration to avoid their voices.

Two stations is normally what I can take and by the time third comes, my feet start getting restless and look for some more space to move, away from the accents may be.

What the hell! What's so wrong about people talking besides me? Guess nothing, but does irritation have a room for logics? Don't think so!

I hear this IVR, and trust you me when I say, that Delhi Metro in every alternate train announces that 'this journey would be delayed we regret the inconvenience'...yeah bitch add on to my agony and make me dislike you more, though you still earn a shit load of money ....and attract more people who have accents that could cut down the hearing pads of your ear.

All the calls of the girl-friends, the room mates who want to know the equations and formulas of a science subject, of what the kids want to eat, has to come while these monsters (oops ---sorry ) have gripped my ears from all corners in this locked box of chilling wind (talk about AC).

To avoid at times I would play with the buckles of my bag, my shoes are murdered to be alive by people who are super busy on phone with a loud tone and care a least to say sorry when they step on you and continue talking without a hitch (Irony – they do look at you after stepping on, but sorry is a hard word mate).

As I hear the voices, they go deep in my head and all I can do is be an Accentfobiac....



2 comments:

  1. hmmmmm but sometimes its vice-versa, we judge intellectuality of a person by this accent only....i have learnt to judge people by "what" they speak and not by how.

    everyone is victim of this, knowingly or unknowingly... cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the noise cancellation headphones..... Cost a bomb but worth cutting out the noise. Also one cannot always be expected to change to fit. Be the quirky you without an apology.

    ReplyDelete

 
Back to top!