Searching...
Monday, March 7, 2011

The Way It Stands


So here we are, sitting in the corner,
Trying to refurbish few moments,
For betterment, as it stands, as we believe as we want…
Acting like a guardian to the schooled God who knows it all,
Our misery; we think even we do!
Smoking the cigarette, with glass full of scotch,
The frowns on the forehead, seemed nothing but roaches,
Hearing your own breathe is the sign of ultimate stillness
For things to come, for things gone by…
Silence just knocked and told me it’s here,
Battered and bruised he was filled with fear,
I let him sit and held his hand to see the images pre to his demise,
Smiling within, cherishing the end of his rise…
It was dark in the jungle and the green was black,
That’s what I saw first, and I observed the track,
Huffing and puffing the mighty silence was trying to run,
Anguish was so evident, companions; there were none,
Limping it reached to the beggar’s home,
Now he found some safe space so he could roam.
Shelter as it was, given by one of his victim from the past,
The guy lived all alone; it was silence in the celluloid; in the cast,
Medicines to soothe him were short on supply,
Crawling he reached me to stop him from cry,
Who am I to decide its fate and its remedy?
For I have lived in it and I know its tragedy,
Silence has just slept so I am talking to you,
Answer before he wakes up, as when he does…
SILENCE IT IS!!

Copyright@ Sandeep Verma

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!