Searching...
Friday, August 12, 2011

For a friend - Unknown

As much as I try not to judge things and observe less for people’s comfort (as not many can take it that easy); I fail to do it. Its been sometime (half a year though) working at this new work place and seeing things around and withstanding with some of the corners that I so wish I would not have seen under normal hours of life.

However, this is not about me, but for a case of observation. A four legged creature that reminds of the helplessness, that even I feel at times, when things are not the way I like them to be. Losing the sense to judge, see, hear and chew the hard moments become tough and thus evoking the feeling of being useless to a lot.

In my daily routine of consuming chai outside my office, I see this white dog, which definitely has age written over his face. When you go up close to him you would see the white lines that defeat the eyeballs and the cornea below those brows. You could almost see that the poor fellow is finding it hard to see. Sympathy or empathy you try to feed him and treat with love and call him when he is walking around – misery- he cant hear! Yeah you got it right – physical impairments at their best, wherein, the white furs are rubbing shoulders with the dust and the mud that this monsoon has brought with it- however, those are liked by it as it soothes its body (or even soul may be).
I try to feed him with those desi fens that we get at almost all the chai wala’s and most of the times he just fails to chew them as the number of teeth- well we can count them, and trust me he won’t utter a word if you tried to do that, he seems to weak to even protest anything that would force to tell his story.

He walks around the building gingerly and by accident if he enters the premises of this monstrous 17 floored building, he fails to get the screaming of the guards that try to take him out of the circle, only to get a hit and understand that he doesn’t belong there.

I wonder, how would he come to peace?  Death can only be the solution. It reminds me of the flick ‘Hachiko’; a perfect demonstration of animal and their loyalty.

Question is, how many of us will read this and treat them with a little respect and try to do something – even a small step if not something for world to see and appreciate (if that’s the only reason why you do things).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!