Searching...
Sunday, October 2, 2011

3rd January 2011 - Two Sides


The first thing that I wanted to do today, was to toss a coin and see it rolling to the other side, with no result! It has become a trend now to listen to people more than yourself and that at times results in no respect to you and to others; to say the least.

But, can we not talk about me or you today and talk about something else? But what?

Well how about two sides or life? 

One, which is poetic, that inspires you to fight till the end and be motivated and other is the cruel reality of humans and its approach towards its own race!   

If I gave you an impression of a silent spectator, a dud or a toddler minded guy then I am sorry, but I need to pat myself that I deceived you with success (err).

Two sides huh – and the best examples that I can think of is Guzaarish and Pearl Harbor…   

Why movies? I say; why not?

An eternal poem is what defines the steely character of mind and its depth and that is what I observed in Guzaarish.

“I, who started the journey with the focus on empty pockets, I, who rose from the ashes and filled the empty dockets, I, loved the claps more than the money and fame, I, who lived and died playing the entertainment game.

I, had to leave my love for I was weak to walk with her, I, was only a shadow of me now and the road ahead was painful and not of fur, I, was cheated by a friend and I melted in darkness to be kept as a show piece, I, missed my mum the most but I couldn’t call her as I could not see her in grief.

I, though wanted to talk to people and Radio was my companion, I, was hollow from inside but for them I was still a champion, I, was losing the battle and the war had a writing to it, I, had to file a petition to law, the petition for me to be slit.

I, was denied and so it seemed that it would be, I, then had to fall back on my second love to kill me, I, but became a champion again when I married her and went to heavens, I, leave behind a legacy, which is to fight with the illness and its demons.”

On the other hand I saw something else in Pearl Harbor…!!

“We, were created to be brainy and co-operative; supposedly by God, we, but had other plans and the only ascendant of our races was that borders become broad, we, changed the persona that we were gifted by the all mighty, invasions became regular and arguments were flighty.

Rhymes? Rhymes are not something I can relate to with this happening; as words or poems are to be decorated for kindness and affection (really?). But the brutal history of invasion and absconding mankind deserved nothing but ruthless objection and detention.

Rafe- the lover and Danny the friend; both seemed too powerful for the wrath that was caused by an unprecedented attack on the giant ship; Pearl Harbor. It might be argued that soldiers were doing their duty and obeying orders but then, why in the earth do we need to fight and for what? We might be able  to count, the number of people that died but then did we really count the number of time the hearts of millions who were related to those few died, and still dies?

It will take a lot of wrenches and lot of screws to fit in the machinery of human back to honesty again and the process is long, but the question to all the characters is, do we really want it to happen?

The wretch-full and sinful act of brutality is what keeps coming back to haunt us and it will till the time we don’t realize; it's only a matter of time before it invades our home too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!