Searching...
Saturday, November 20, 2010

Walking Back !!


I feel victorious for the things I haven't done,
It saved few dreams of others as I kept mum,
Selfless it was and for that I could feel the feeling of being proud,
But, I still feel lonely and subdued in this mass, in this crowd.

So I took the step to break the shackles and drive back home

And recalled the things I missed, when I offered you all I had; including the heart shaped dome

I could count may be, few, and few could have been forgotten

Some might have been worth attaching importance to, some could be rotten.


I wanted to complain now and act as a human again

I did not want any trouble and self imposed curse, and from my misery don’t want you to gain

All right, I promised to be the dummy, which I m no longer interested in to be

Don’t be surprised, as to open up and speak you gave me the right and the key.


Remember how you succeeded in achieving the success you boast of,

 It was me and my closed eyes, which were the helping hands if you recall,

But then I did not like to be the aloof one anymore,

I was petrified, while I was aside, nonexistent like at shore

The sheep’s and fishes’ with tiny presence would look larger

I couldn’t dare to go near the water and see my reflection, like an Achilles’ heel of an archer.


It was a conscious attempt to bring back the glories that I had long lost

My silence, I talked about earlier, was not sufficient for you, not for me, the rightful cost

So I took the step to break the shackles and drive back home

And recalled the things I missed, when I offered you all I had; including the heart shaped dome.


Copyright@ Sandeep Verma

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!