Searching...
Monday, August 5, 2013

The Fight Between Today And Tomorrow!

The moment I opened my eyes, I could smell a strong essence of sadness in the morning today. It would not be weird to say that this was not the first weekday that I had expected, after celebrating my birthday weekend drinking, partying and watching movies! But, life is all about unexpected events, isn't it?

Fast forward couple of hours and I reached my office with a restless mind and heart that just did not want to be at the work place. There was an unknown fear buried somewhere in my thoughts. And no, the work load or the not-so-adorable boss (if that was the case to be), was not the reason behind it! 

So what could it be? I found it out, soon enough!

best poetry blogs, best poem blogs, sandeep verma, best blogs india, best off beat blogs, social issues, blogs on animals, blogs on social thinking


A stray bitch- Jimmy, which was being fed and kept by this Dhaba Wala- Raju, near my office, had succumbed to the pressure of the wounds in her body and ear and bid them adieu over the weekend. A silent character (assuming because of her age), Jimmy would always look at you with innocence that would peer inside your heart and would make you keep looking at her. Needless to say, that the dog lover I am, I used to feed her and the other dogs almost every single day that I have been to this office. 

Ironically, Jimmy gave birth to 7 amazing pups only a little over three weeks ago, who for now will be called- Orphans, till the time someone decides to adopt any of them. And considering the liking of Indians towards high-breed and 'oh-he-is-so cute' mentality, there are very slim chances that these pups would find a home; anytime soon! 

As much as it pains me, I can't take even one to my home as I already have a dog who would not let any other to come in and stay at the house- such is the jealousy Cherry (my pet), have got for someone whom I even try to be close to and cuddle to in front of her.

Now this brings me to the bigger picture of life! 

Jimmy died, not knowing that she is about to. Her last three weeks were dedicated showering love to her new ones and making sure that they are fed well by her and looked after by the ones who could! But she died! Died she unknowingly!

We often suppress our passion, likings, expressions and love with a fear of being rejected or what if the society deems it to be an act that it does not approve of! We are often told by our parents to think about the future, save for the future, slog today and be happy tomorrow! 

But the fact of the matter is- there will never be a tomorrow, if we don't live our today! By no means I am denying that the advises given by our parents are wrong, by no means am I saying that we all need to break the rules of the society (though I love doing so myself), but what I do want to raise a voice to today is- what is so good about tomorrow that we tend to neglect our today?

I should not be writing this on a public forum, but I lost one of my uncle las year. He was shot by 4-5 men who tried to rob him off while he was on his way to his shop (he was a jewellery manufacturer). My uncle lived a simple life... Err... A suppressed life! He would earn decent, if not lavish, but would make sure that he acted as a miser who would not give his wife the full amount of money that she actually needs and thereby always ended up compromising in her life. He never wanted to shell out too much on the well being of the children arguing that he needed that much more for their wedding when they grew old!  

My uncle never drank, he never smoked, he never consumed tobacco and he always loved eating at home- but, the truth is- he died! There was no tomorrow for him and there is no tomorrow for his family now. But only if he did know a little more about life- there was always a today that lords above have given us! 

I have seen people not committing to love saying there is no future between them, I have seen people urging others not to smoke or drink (not that I am promoting it), telling them how bad it could be for their body in the future and I have seen kids not playing in the parks as their parents thought that only if he did study an extra hour more today- his future would give him chances not to repent. But what about his/her today that the kid would be repenting every night in the bed before he/she goes to sleep?

I am at loss of words and I am sure there are thousands and millions of you who might not agree to me... but is the love towards 'Tomorrow' so strong that we can't even embrace the 'Today'; once in a while?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!