Searching...
Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Words Have Deserted Me!


It has been strange last few months... Once what was an essential part of breathing daily, seems to be an act long forgotten or lost in the wilderness of thoughts that were never originated by me personally.

Poems don't rhyme, Haikus don't gel, the dogs on streets don't excite me no more, the rain gives soothing no more... There are no roads anymore that used to make me count the number of buildings that were there and hope - someday I would live in one of those... There are no street beggars who make me feel sad for them... No stories printed or uploaded anywhere motivates me enough to have an opinion and vent out what lies inside... The mockery of politics in India stirs no patriotism, nor does the victory of the cricket team, the game I so loved all my life, makes me even grin for a second. 

For long, the nights spent alone after the crazy schedule of work have proved to be a fatal companion that made sure that every ounce of my expression was taken out by the time I most wanted them. The dark shadows wandering in front of me, wherein, I failed to pick the figure- if it was a naked woman shying away from me or a ghost just making its presence felt for that very moment only... Well, they just keep teasing- mercilessly!

The old hands that promised to be with me forever, are slowly and slowly reaching to me no more. They are yet to get the wrinkles of time.... But I guess that the wrinkle on trust have made them weak enough to not pounce on anything that intends to defy me from my existence.

I can't talk about them no more!  

My body aches, my soul drips, my heart is heavy and my eyes fail to keep the bridge tight inside and not let it go...

Dark poetry, poems, personal poems, personal articles, sandeep verma, best poetry websites


My words ... My only true friend.. My words- finally have deserted me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!